// CLIENT: Lend Lease Coleman Rail JV as part of the LXRA Southern Program Alliance // COMPLETION: Q3 2020
This dangerous and congested level crossing will be removed by lowering the rail into a trench underneath the road. The project includes:
- a new station with forecourt seating, open space and landscaping
- a new ‘heritage deck’ with community space over the rail line
- improved connections with the shopping precinct
- new 3.5 kilometre long bicycle and pedestrian path
- the opportunity for the existing heritage station buildings to become the focal point of a larger community garden
- the ability to run more trains, more often, by connecting the third track to the main line at Cheltenham.